Excited to be writing again. This week we have been having heavy rainfall here where I reside due to which many people are forced to stay indoors today. Have been working from home and catching up on reading and other good stuff; just like anyone would do like a holiday! 🙂
Today I am writing about the lessons that I have learnt during my fourth month of blogging! Gosh! How time flies.. It feels just like yesterday when I decided to start something entirely on my own, just for me; but thinking back on the lessons I have learnt over the months makes me feel like I have learnt soo much.
This last month has been so productive! I actually got off so many things from my blog’s to-do list which I had planned for this month. (If you haven’t read the earlier post, you might not have an idea what I am talking about here. Click
The important things that I have learnt this month are:
1. Blogging is not easy: It takes a lot of organizing to build up a good blog.
2. Facing blogging problems eventually helps: I faced so many in this month but that was because I was deciding to make a change for my blog by treading on uncharted territory – still am! Trying to find out what you already know and how to improve on that knowledge will solve most of your problems and you will end up learning tons of new things which will help you in the long run.
3. That there are so very many helpful bloggers: Thank you! 🙂
Last month, I was pondering over some things which were;
1. Getting my blog on a self hosted platform and if yes, on which one – I can strike that off my list as I now have my blog on HostGator (Will add in the details regarding this in one of the coming blog posts!)
2. Consistent content generation and content promotion is something that I am still working on and am sure that it is something that will take a lot of planning and organizing. I have started with it but will take some time to get one that is actually possible to stick by in the long run.
3. Blog challenges seem great to commit myself too but they can be demanding! I am going to try to stick with a short one but sometime when I am not as busy as I am right now! Sigh..
4. I am trying to stick to two blog posts per week. Initially when I started this blog, I used to post a couple of times per week! That really gained me a lot of encouragement from all the bloggers out here but now I am trying to stick to one schedule of 2 quality blog posts per week!
5. Making my blog better with any changes regarding the theme, lettering, etc – Every blog gets better over time. It really depends on the person running it and how much he or she can make the blog appealing to the readers. I am happy with the way my blog looks at the moment and most of the people who read it let me know about it too! (Suggestions are welcome!)
This month I have made a little progress with crafting my blog schedule and am right on track with finding my tribe and am trying to create quality content that benefits both you and me! (Following up on the striking things that I learnt last month.)
Last month I set down some do-able goals for my blog as follows;
1. Learning and creating at least one useful printable (freebie)! – My very 1st freebie! I have created two and will soon be sharing one with you all soon! 🙂 Stay in touch to know more!
2. Treating my blog as an important business – I do! This blog started off as something that I wanted to create on my own and I am very serious about keeping it going in the long run. Getting in touch with as many lovely people I can and to make them feel positively about their lives is something that I really value and treat as important!
3 & 4. Structuring quality content & increasing my engagement with other bloggers – This is really a consistent goal for every month. Am working on this!
5. Look up on guest posting and decide if I should go for it – I did do this for this month! If you have not yet seen it click
to read it now!
Time to set new goals:
Since I found out that setting down blog goals helps me and my blog achieve some progress monthly, here is what I plan to explore in the coming month!
1. Figure out the entire idea behind email marketing and how it works and apply it to my blog!
2. Publish 8 quality blog posts this month!
3. Learn a little bit about CSS and HTML. (Important since I am now on WordPress.org and have to figure out the solution to every tiny thing that was easily possible in WordPress.com)
Wish me luck to achieve these milestones I have set for my blog and also let me know what you plan to do for your blog this month! 🙂
Let us all inspire and motivate each other to blog better and grow together as better bloggers!
Wish you a great day! Love, Pooja. 🙂
Photo by Rose Elena on Unsplash